Enhanced eco efficiency of combustion processes
The way to make energy generation greener is to increase the eco-efficiency of power plants through science and technology.
Pentol’s combustion engineers regularly visit every treated plant to verify the results.
Hand in hand with the client, we analyze the situation and take measures to bring the plant up to the most efficient operation.
Read our company brochure
Fuel Oil Treatment
How to improve efficiency of fuel oil-fired plants
The power of combining two additives and how to use it for emission reduction and cost saving
What’s in this ebook?
– The rules have changed: optimizers have to cooperate in a complete picture
– Why water-in-oil emulsion is the key to a complete carbon burnout
– Eliminate fouling and corrosion: data-driven answers
– In practice: 15 tips to leverage curation to improve plant
PentoMag® for HFO
How to eliminate corrosion and plugging consistently
PENTOL offers a unique way to improve the eco-efficiency of power plants:
– keep heat transfer components clean and protected
– allow reduction of exit gas temperature by neutralizing SO3
Read our brochure PentoMag® how to inject additive directly into the fuel oil and is activate it in the flame
PentoMuls® for HFO
How to reduce ash load with a complete carbon burnout
PentoMuls® allows the on-line production of a stable water-in-oil emulsion:
– get a compact, short flame with a good temperature distribution
– generate much less nitrogen oxide (NOx) and sulphur trioxide (SO3)
Read our brochure PentoMuls®. Learn how the blend of surfactants, dispersants and catalysts works
PentoMag® for Coal
How to prevent hard and sticky slagging
PentoMag® 2550 will be dosed as a slurry by an automatic system on the coal belt:
– transform glassy, heavy deposits (covering heat exchange tubes) into friable and easy to remove
– improve boiler availability without significant losses or longer outage periods
Read our brochure PentoMag® 2550, Learn how the micronized active slurry works
Flue Gas Conditioning for Coal
How to reduce fly ash resistance
PENTOLs FGC-unit injects small quantities of sulfur trioxide into the flue gas duct:
– keep fly ash resistivity in a good precipitator operating a range
– get an economical alternative to an additional ESP that increases the whiteness of your gypsum
Read our brochure Flue Gas Conditioning. Learn how PENTOLs energy-optimized system works
PentoMag® for Diesel Engines
How to reduce sludge and corrosion in diesel engines
PentoMag® 4400 is dosed on the filling line of the day tank or storage tank:
– avoid deposits and corrosion which cause problems on exhaust valve seats, liners, piston rings or even on blades of turbo chargers
– increase the net calorific value of the fuel and reduce the amount of waste disposed
Read our brochure PentoMag® 4400. Learn how to the all-in-one additive increases the efficiency of your diesel engine
PentoMag® for Gas Turbines
How to control high-temperature corrosion of gas turbines
PentoMag® 4450 works by modifying the fusion point of combustion residuals:
– neutralize vanadium deposits and corresponding corrosion effects
– reduce fouling in gas turbine and recovery boiler
Read our brochure PentoMag® 4450. Learn how the fuel tank additive works
How much SO3 do you generate?
PENTOLs portable SO3-analyzer allows the on-line monitoring and recording of emission:
– limit acid discharges to the environment
– burn fuel in the most efficient way to minimise corrosion of the plant
Read our brochure SO3 Monitor. Learn more about the wide range of measuring possibilities
How to clean combustion residues at difficult spaces
PentoSolv 3 is a powerful cleaning agent:
– remove encrusted deposits on surfaces of cylinder heads, boiler walls, heat exchangers etc.
– soften solid layers before washing, so that cleaning becomes easy with much better results
Read our brochure PentoSolv 3. Learn how the powerful blend of detergents works
PentoMag® for incinerators
Reduce slagging and corrosion in biomass plants and waste incinerators
PENTOL is specialized in combustion optimization for power plants since 1969:
– Formation of friable deposits. Light and easy to remove with soot blowers
– Improved heat exchange rates. More efficient recovery boiler and therefore to greater use of the steam produced with a higher enthalpy value
– Corrosion and perforation of the recovery boiler pipes. Drastic reduction in the areas most subject to stress, such as superheater pipes, and complete protection of the whole metal frame in the cold part of ash collection from the electro filters
Read our brochure and learn more
PENTOL Chlorine Conditioning
The best way to avoid chlorine corrosion in waste incinerators.
– SO3 is injected in the boiler. This avoids molten salts condensation on pipes.
– Alkali chlorides are split up and sulfated before they condensate on the pipes and start the corrosion loop.
– With the optimum sulfur/chlorine balance, chlorine corrosion can be strongly reduced.